Corporate & Securities Transactions
Handling Complex Corporate & Securities Transactions
Shustak Reynolds & Partners, P.C. represents a broad spectrum of companies at every stage of corporate existence, from formation through sale or merger of the company. The firm’s integrated approach encompasses analysis of shareholder relations, risk management and intellectual property protection, among other things, to help foster an optimal environment for the client’s business to prosper.
Below is a listing of some of the firm’s work for its clients on transactional matters.
Corporate Formation, Operation and Restructuring
- Drafted formation, governance and operational documents for a number of companies in a variety of industries, including the technology, manufacturing, financial services, marketing, entertainment, fashion, medical device and food and beverage industries.
- Represented start-up clients in a broad range of matters including regulatory compliance, private financing, development of restricted stock plans and licensing of technology.
- Drafted services, manufacturing and distribution agreements for clients in a number of industries.
- Negotiated and drafted separation and restructuring agreements for numerous companies to accomplish planned restructurings or to resolve shareholder disputes and/or disputes over rights to present clientele.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented clients in a wide variety of transactions for the sale or acquisition of numerous privately held companies, subsidiaries, product lines or selected assets.
- Advised clients with regard to succession planning and employment agreements accompanying the sale of businesses.
- Advised clients on compliance with federal and state law in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions.
Intellectual Property and Trade Secret Transactions
- Negotiated and drafted licensing and assignment agreements for patent and trademark rights for businesses in a variety of industries.
- Assessed intellectual property rights, including due diligence and opinion work, in connection with protection or sale/acquisition of intellectual property portfolios.
- Prosecuted trademark applications for trade names, taglines and logos.
- Prosecuted copyright applications for clients and advised on copyright protection and infringement.
- Drafted employment agreements and corresponding provisions for assignment of intellectual property rights, non-competition, non-solicitation and protection of confidential and trade secret information.